Friday, January 16, 2009

Coolest Contest Prize Ever


Can you imagine actually winning this contest and seeing this bad boy delivered to your front door? Now there is no way that it was anything more than some cheap carboard mock-up of the Gemini space capsule but if the buttons worked and actually made the inside light up I would have sleep in it MY ENTIRE LIFE! In fact I would still be wearing my astronaut diapers and eating my food out of a toothpaste tube. If it wouldn't have fit in my house I would have lived in the yard. I recently have been able to find out if anyone ever won this prize and according to this link they did.

(http://comiccoverage.typepad.com/comic_coverage/2009/01/the-gemini-spacecraft-mystery-new-details.html)

This is the picture of the capsule and it WAS an actual mock-up model and not some cheap piece of crap. You can see the two seats - one for me and one for the first kitty in space. The winner had to agree to donate it to a museum and it currently resides in the Oregon Museum of Science and Industry and is used as a teaching tool. I was born in the wrong time period. No great adventures in space when you are just orbitting the earth and going to some rickety Russian space station. Where is my rocket pack to fly me to Mars??

1 comment:

Darius Whiteplume said...

Ah, the fine print... It would look great in any livingroom!