Wednesday, January 14, 2009

R.I.P. Patrick McGoohan



What is this week with the death of all these badass troublemakers? From one of my all time favorite movies (Ice Station Zebra) and all time TV shows (The Prisoner)Patrick McGoohan made the British seem tough if that was ever even possible. No matter what he starred in he was always ten leagues smarter than everyone else in the room -almost too smart to be Bond and I bet he was concidered for the role at one time or another in the 60s. As a kid I totally identified with him and figured that as an adult I would be just like him and in many ways I am. I dislike authority and distrust those in power. I take great pleasure in messing with those who think they are smarter than me or who think that because they are stronger or bigger that they can abuse women or children. I also get chased by those big white bouncy balls whenever I try to escape the Island. I AM NOT A NUMBER BITCHES!!!! As the PRISONER he redefined trippy cerebral science/spy fiction and was a bright spot on Sunday morning Canadian television. Heaven just got exponentially cooler. I will miss his style.


1 comment:

Keith said...

I was really sad to hear of his passing. I recently had watched the entire series of Danger Man/Secret Agent on DVD. He will be sorely missed. R.I.P.