Monday, February 16, 2009

Thanks Dad

In the wake of Batman RIP where Batman is assumed to be dead (yeh right, the only death permanent in comic books are Uncle Ben and Bucky and Bucky is back to life now)we are getting many comics that show the reactions to Batman's death by those closest to him. And none were more close to him than Alfred his faithful manservant. Well more than a butler and no less a father to Bruce, there is no Dark Knight without Alfred. This page from the OUTSIDERS SPECIAL is awesome because we all get to hear Bruce say to Alfred what we always hoped he would but never did. Gotta admit I needed a tissue but only because I got some dust in my eye bitches! Made me miss my own father all the more because of the support he always gave me for my obsessions. Love you Dad.

1 comment:

Chase March said...

Wow, that was a powerful scene. Thanks for sharing it.