Monday, June 22, 2009

Cool Steampunk Sculptures

These are terrific steampunk inspired sculptures by Stephane Halleux that I would love to own. The combination of leather work and metal creates unique characters. I can instantly see them in some kind of stop motion animated films set in a decaying metropolis in the clouds. Many of the film's characters would fly by means of their rickety cobbeled together machines that would be as individual as the characters themselves. It would be a time of invention and adventure set at the beginning of a new industrial age.






http://stephanehalleux.com/

2 comments:

Cora said...

Now your blog is telling me to "chill."

Hee hee hee.

I do believe you'll likely find yourself featured in my next captcha post, Cal!! (Brace yourself.)

Encor and chill all in one day?! Brilliant! :-)

Cora said...

Okay. I swear I'm not making this up. Now my wv captcha is "prepanic."

Ha ha! Prepanic!

Please tell your blog not to fret, Cal. I won't be too mean when I link it, I promise. Kinda.

;-)