Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Ninja Assassin



Maybe I am spoiled but I don't want realism in my action adventure movies. If anything the 'Matrix' and 'Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon' taught me is that CGI combined with wire work is all that is gonna satisfy me anymore when it comes to fight scenes. I want to see the hero twist in mid air, dive from impossible heights and fight fast and fiercely no matter how unrealistic it may appear. I want moody atmosphere and buckets of blood. I want the movements to be so fast and technically precise that I more than once say "WOW" out loud. Adding this 'magic of the movies' with the preternatural skills of say a Jet Li or a Tony Ja is why I love revenge fantasy movies like Ninja Assassin. No romance, nothing to figure out...just all out blade cutting, throwing star throwing and punishment dishing out action. This trailer looks terrific. They got my money when it comes out. It is directed by James McTeigue who worked as an assistant director on the 'Matrix' trilogy and who was head Director on one of my favorite films - 'V for Vendetta". I don't want to wait until November.

No comments: