Sunday, October 31, 2010

Daily Reminder - These Things Are Not Stupid

<a href="http://video.ca.msn.com/?mkt=en-ca&from=en-ca-hpquad&vid=6c828372-4160-4240-96b6-5424561a427b&from=en-ca&fg=dest" target="_new" title="Super Stealth Octopus">Video: Super Stealth Octopus</a>

Check out this video. There is nothing else on this planet that can perform all the survival tricks that the octopus can. They have a hundred ways to fool you, hide from you and kill you. They are one of the most intelligent species in the seas - and with all their talents, all they want to see is the world burn.

Each time I see footage like this I am more certain that they mean us harm. They envy our status at the top of the food chain and they want their shot at running the whole show.

They live in the deepest waters where only the alien spaceships hide. I am sure they have already made 'first contact' and had nothing good to tell the outworlders about us.

I particularly hate to hear the awe and fascination in the voice of the collaborators narrating this piece of film. Just swim away and save yourself. It might be the only chance you get, frogman.

2 comments:

Tempo said...

It worries me that they can mimic anything...
I'm thinking swimsuit mimicking could get very unpleasent....

Kal said...

Or that webbing between your toes. I hope I am not revealing any family secrets.