Monday, November 15, 2010

I Did Have Salsa and Sour Cream Before Bed


I know that people are not supposed to tell others about their dreams because nobody wants to hear a story that they have no frame of reference too. However, this might be understandable to some.

Do you remember that old Star Trek episode called 'Assignment Earth' when the Enterprise went back in time and had to prevent an orbital h-bomb from being deployed.


The Enterprise's time in the past led to the arrival of Gary Seven, a human trained by aliens and his pet cat Isis to Earth. It was meant to be a pilot for a proposed series starring Robert Lansing and a young and cute Terri Garr.


Now if you know of what I speak, you know that at the end of the episode we see that some people see Isis as a black cat and some see her as a beautiful woman.


That is how Hayden Panettiere was in my dream last night. To everyone else she was a white Persian cat but each time I looked at that cat it was the actress (though she wasn't dressed in her cheerleader outfit from 'Heroes' like you would suspect she would be).



How does something like that appear in my dreams? It's like every pop cultural reference I have stored in that filing cabinet in my mind gets randomly released and only the most bizarre elements find a place to land.

Why Hayden - to me she is pretty but 'meh'. I prefer Sphinx cats to Persians and I hadn't even seen that episode of 'Star Trek' in awhile. So those things were not on my mind at all.

Weird.

5 comments:

Kelly Sedinger said...

That's one of my favorite episodes!

Super-Duper ToyBox said...

Ha Ha :D

Sam G said...

I remember watching that episode as a kid and thinking "why are they spending so much time with that weird dude with the cat and the secretary".

Margaret Benbow said...

I'm beginning to think that EVERYTHING is stored, that we still have all those thoughts and experiences in our attics, like banked embers...

Pat Tillett said...

I agree with Margaret. We do!
I hadn't thought about this in years, but there it is, front and center when needed...

I'll be back later. I have a lot of catching up to do here! Great stuff as always...