Thursday, January 26, 2012

Who Knows Doctor Who?



This one has been travelling around the web. I like the style in which it was made and how many individual choices the creator had to make is his attempt to understand that which can only be experiences. It's a beautiful thing. I want to watch a good Tom Baker story arc. He is very iconic and the only performance I know anything about is his awesome role as Prince Koura in 'The Golden Voyage Of Sinbad'. I remember watching Doctor Who in the 70s on the CBC but for some reason the entire memory of that show at that time has been wiped from my memory.

3 comments:

M. D. Jackson said...

Whoever made that video obviously did not like Colin Baker's Doctor. Any images of him are noticeable by their complete absence.

That being said the video makes some of the older episodes look more exciting then they were and the newer ones less so.

I could have done without the Eurythmics music as well.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

So tell me what you really think. LOL.

Erik Johnson Illustrator said...

This goes well beyond simply dubbing it an "impressive achievement" into "I just don't know what to call it"

I've got to agree with MD, seeing the diversity of Tom Baker's surroundings and the spectacle of Sylvester McCoy's adventures makes them seem more exciting then even the new series best episodes, though that likely just my imagination playing "backseat driver" as it often does.

If you're interested in learning about the Doctor's early adventures, SF Debris has done some absolutely wonderful video reviews of the Hartnell and Troughton eras, praising its pioneering work in science fiction as well as lampooning its general goofiness.

The individual episodes are listed in chronological order on the far left. You'd best up since he'll be starting reviews of the revival series in February. Enjoy!

http://sfdebris.com/drwho.asp