Sunday, June 24, 2012

If You Have Never Seen It, What Are You Waiting For?













An Italian millionaire sets out to make his version of Star Wars and dang if he didn't do just that. Everything about this movie is goofy from how it got made to the battle of the hairpieces between DAVID FUCKIN' HASSELHOFF and Christopher Plummer. Last but certainly not least is that it stars the magical Caroline Munroe. She was my first childhood crush. Speaking of magical, check out the special effects and try not to run from the room from their terrifying realism.


8 comments:

Erik Johnson Illustrator said...

I've tried looking for online for a while now and the best I was able to get was "Best of" clips on YouTube. I figure if I'm going to watch something this dumb, I need to have the whole thing.

The podcast "Film Sack" did a review of this movie earlier in the year, and I wish I could have seen the film beforehand, because their jokes are always better in context.

Kal said...

You will want to turn it off and look away but you won't be able to.

Erik Johnson Illustrator said...

I have heard that. I had a similar experience with "Troll 2" as well.

Nick Ward said...

I caught this film late at night once. I was extremely drunk and when I woke up in the morning I was certain I'd dreamed it.

Here's The Hoff in a whole new light...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6Bxjzh3Y4s

Kelly Sedinger said...

I consider it one of the great things in my life that I saw this IN A THEATER.

M. D. Jackson said...

I saw this in a theater years ago. My friends and I made fun of it mercilessly but we had fun.

I found it online and downloaded it but I have not watched it as yet. I'm afraid that it won't live up to my childhood memories (or maybe I'm just afraid of The Hoff)

DrGoat said...

Saw it a long while ago. Don't remember much about it. Could have been a Nick Ward moment. I remember one called Laserblast from around that same time, same category.

JBond said...

Thanks for the tip. I'm adding this to my list of must see 'ems, for sure!