Sunday, May 12, 2013

Captain Harlock Space Pirate

 


 
I was never much into anime as it was presented on television in the late seventies. I hated the way the characters looked and talked when translated into English. I hated the hair over one eye 'look' and the big eyes of all the characters. Nothing seemed to make much sense. I could barely stand G-Force which I should have loved but there is just something about that style of animation that I never connected with. This new CGI Captain Harlock Space Pirate looks pretty cool, however. I love all the skull and pirate motifs and the action looks solid. You can't ever go wrong with giant space battles. And I actually like the look of the title character. I am sure that Captain Harlock has plenty of ennui and action to keep me interested this time around.
 


 

3 comments:

Erik Johnson Illustrator said...

Sorry, I prefer my Japanese Space Pirates to be in live action.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xslra5_kaizoku-sentai-gokaiger-opening_shortfilms?search_algo=2#.UY_r4Stxs6Q

M. D. Jackson said...

Emo Space Pirates. Cool.

Never watched Captain Harlock, though I knew who he was. I preferred Robotech. This looks cool, though.

Kal said...

His ennui is delicious to me. I hope he whines about being a Space Pirate from his cool space pirate chair.