Wednesday, May 8, 2013

League Of Extraordinary Bloggers Weekly Post Topic

 
This week's topic -
 
You are stranded for 10 years on a deserted island. You can take with you the following:
 
One food item (in a never-ending supply), one movie, one game, and one pop culture character. 

I would want to have a vest like Rory's Dad on Doctor Who. His multi-pockets contain everything you will ever need to survive and a few other things that you may never use but will for sure come in handy at some moment. I may have to cheat and add the following Swiss Army Knives.

 

 
 
This Victorinox knife would make a nice addition as a pouch holder or belt buckle.

 
 
I am not much of a gamer but if I had to take one game it would be Tiger Woods Golf with multiple courses to play. That would be tough to master and would fill up time in the ten years of exile. Can't I learn to use a bow like Oliver Queen on Arrow? How about a Wii that taught me how to fence and use a light saber.
 

 
I couldn't bear to choose just one movie so I changed this one up a bit too. Of any television show I would likely choose something like Star Trek DS9. That show only got better and better over time. That final space battle was the best ever shown on TV.
 
 
My food in endless supply would be Rocky Road chocolate bars. I love the chocolate, cashew and marshmallow in that combination. Plus the sugar would help on the desert island - I see how those people react to cookies on Survivor.
 
 
Rose Tyler, played by Billie Piper, would be my choice of Pop Cultural Character. She would be spunky and adventurous.
 
 

3 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Sounds like you'd have a great 10 years actually!

csmith2884 said...

When the bears come for ya. Send Rose, I'll be standing behind Batman.

John Sholtz said...

Everyone's food choices are making me hungry as hell. Love your choices Cal.