Monday, May 13, 2013

The Coolest Of Canadian Cool

Canadian commander Chris Hadfield has shared with the world his cover version of David Bowie's Space Oddity, which he recorded on the International Space Station.



This is why I do this blog - so I can share the coolest of the cool with you all. I should have been posting Hatfield videos daily because I watched them all. The educational value of him being at the ISS was worth the cost of admission alone. But yesterday, as he planned to leave the station, he released this video he made as he orbited the Earth. Perfect song choice that actually made me tear up a little. This world has too few heroes as it is and I am happy that Chris is one of us.

5 comments:

Jeremy [Retro] said...

that is awesome... bravo!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

He did a great cover of that song! Apparently David Bowie gave his permission and is enthusiastic about it too.

Kal said...

COOL...I hope it goes viral.

M. D. Jackson said...

You know the weekend he was supervising the repair of the ammonia leak I was feeling somewhat inadequate as a human being. I tweeted about it and was wishing I was as cool as Chris Hadfield. Then he releases this music video and completely devastates me as a human being.

I have a friend who interviewed him once and he told me that he was just so nice. When one Canadian describes another Canadian as nice... well, he's a paragon of niceness as well as being the coolest astronaut ever.

Kal said...

I can't even keep the sink from overflowing and there is he is fixing that ratty station and leaving his mark with the way he used the social media to communicate with the world. Happy he will be at the Stampede this year.