Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Gerald Way Does Batman

 
I am a huge fan of these alternate designs. This is a comic I just want to look at as much as read. I really hope this project comes to fruition. Ways's Umbrella Academy is one of my favorite graphic novels EVER. In that six issue series he turned the superhero comic on it's head. I have no doubt his work with the iconic Dark Knight will be no less memorable.
 
 
 

 

Over the weekend Gerard Way (former My Chemical Romance vocalist and Umbrella Academy scribe), posted some images and designs on Twitter from an apparently approved proposal of a "Vertigo" Batman title, that unfortunately never saw the light of day.



He's so far posted a cover and three designs for Batman, Joker and Mr. Freeze, all with very different, off-beat looks. I'm not sure if when he said "Vertigo" (note: he added the quotations) if he literally meant it was to be published by Vertigo, or if it would simply have been in Vertigo style, regardless, it's a damn shame it never happened, because from a visual standpoint, it looks really interesting.
 

http://www.gothamspoilers.com/2013/06/gerard-ways-batman-kingdom-of-mad.html?showComment=1370219451451

1 comment:

Erik Johnson Illustrator said...

Its like seeing what Tim Burton would have done if had continued helming the Bat-Series.