Sunday, June 9, 2013

How I Hate You Lego

 



 
Look at all the speciality pieces that come with the Poison Ivy Man Mower Vehicle. I could never have built such a beautiful piece when I was a kid because our LEGO came in only two shapes, squares and rectangles, plus I think three colors. I know the only green we had was the platform substituting for a lawn. A lawn upon which we built our bungalow style houses. It's just not fair.
 
Now look what Erik was able to create with the pieces he just had lying around. A dragster looking, Animated Batmobile inspired MAN MOWER for Poison Ivy. Cool and creative because he had the RESOURCES to inspire his imagination. Oh what I could have built with such tools. It would have been like Da Vinci's workshop...only with Lego.
 
 

2 comments:

Erik Johnson Illustrator said...

When I saw "Erik" I thought, "Wait, I didn't build this! My brother Matt was the one who always played with Legos. I was the one who wanted to follow the instructions and keep the models as is after they were finished."

Kal said...

That doesn't surprise me a bit to learn that about you.