Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Tuesdays From The Toybox - Childhood Memories

 
My sister and I had a whole collection of these finger puppets when we were little. They were perfect for putting on shows behind our homemade puppet theatre. My dad scored a big refrigerator box from work and turned it into a place for our shows - which always involved characters who were brother and sister and didn't get along. One was always trying to 'one up' the other. We could have had huge entertainment careers together if we weren't trying to kill each other all the time.
 

4 comments:

Belle said...

Loved Sherlock Hemlock.

Erik Johnson Illustrator said...

I think finger puppets were something that came before my time, and once again, it looks like I missed out.

I imagine you were able to get some great ensemble pieces in your puppet shows if you were indeed able to have one character for every finger. You could have been the Robert Altman of puppetry!

Kal said...

Well back then we had so much imagination that the backstories of the characters, their voices and motivations could change at a whim. But for some reason Ernie was a bottom and Burt was a top...in EVERY production.

Hobgoblin238 said...

HAHA Cal! That was one of my first toys as well. Mine was the finger puppet Cookie Monster. We bought it from Lionel Playworld. In fact for years I refered to that as the Cookie Monster store!