Saturday, July 27, 2013

If You Are Not Watching BEWARE THE BATMAN You Are Missing Out



I love the style of this newest Batman cartoon where the only thing familiar is that Bruce Wayne is Batman. Alfred is different, the villains are all different and the animation is fresh. I just finished watching episode three and the way that Batman saved the day against new villain Anarky (I like the Order vs Chaos theme they have and the black and white contrasting costumes) was intelligent and thrilling. I am hooked on this one for the duration. If you were holding back for any reason the first three episodes will make you a believer.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I didn't even know this was on tv yet I will need to start recording this.

M. D. Jackson said...

Where can I see it?

Kal said...

Any one of the cartoon networks on TV. I get it on YTV and Cartoon Network. Or you could discover the joy of the bit torrent. It's really a slick show. I like how they are taking Batman in a totally different direction. For a new hero there is no Robin or Batgirl or even much of Commissioner Gordon. Saturday morning's it's on.

Erik Johnson Illustrator said...

This show has been both smart and fun so far. I'm eager to see it continue to develop its own identity.

Next month Nickeleodeon is set to have new episodes of Ninja Turtles and Legend of Korra after Batman's 10 am slot. It'll be a full hour and a half of superhero cartoon action all up in this place!

Erik Johnson Illustrator said...

I'm not yet sold on Anarky as The Big Bad of this season. His antics seem too pretentious. I'm more interested in bringing back Professor Pyg. His refined sense of manner make for a very degnified antagonist.

Kal said...

I am giving Anarchy a chance to be a bored rich kid, the opposite of Bruce Wayne whose parent's didn't die. I like that Alfred was in MI6 and is a kickass Cold War Warrior. It's got a nice style of animation to that I didn't think I would like but I do. The last half of episode 3 when Bat and Anarchy fight and the tram cars get saved was brilliant in both writing and visual presentation.

Mike D. said...

I didnt see ep 3 yet but I believe the color scheme and contrasts are modeled off of Paul Dinis and Bruce Timms original animated take back in the early 90s. They start using a blacked out backdrop and build on it from there. The use of cgi gives them a greater range for their pallette and the contrast is evident. Cgi abimation takes getting used to for me...but I did enjoy the first two shows