Thursday, August 29, 2013

James Spader As Ultron In Avengers 2

 
I have come to understand that J.A.R.V.I.S., the electronic butler/computer that assisted Tony Stark as Iron Man will morph into the killer robot known as Ultron. The government dissolves the Avengers and creates it's own robotic force to protect the country. But as with most killer machines, J.A.R.V.I.S. quickly gains sentience and decides that humans are the problem. 
 
What was so wrong with Paul Bettany who did the voice in three Iron Man movies and the last Avengers feature? Who did he piss off not to get the gig? It's the easiest job for an actor. Ultron will be a computer effect so Spader can just sit in a chair and eat off the craft services table while speaking his lines into a microphone. Pretty sweet.
 
I guess the movies will be avoiding having Ant Man/Hank Pym be the creator of Ultron. I would have preferred that they stayed closer to Ultron's comic book origins but I trust that Joss Whedon knows what he is doing.
 

2 comments:

the Trash Man said...

I'm sorta' okay with Tony Stark having more of a hand in the creation of Ultron rather than Pym.

616-Hank totally suffers for having created Ultron and for abusing Jan/Wasp and can't seem to ever move past either of those events, despite it being DECADES. It's too bad, because he really does have the potential to be one of the top-dogs in the Marvel U.

Still, I'm excited to see what happens with Pym and the Ant-Man "legacy" when Edgar Wright starts working on his film. Exciting times ahead, for sure.

Kal said...

I thought a lot about this today and I agree with you. Ant Man has a ton of baggage that we need to jettison. Iron Man set this up so well that it's an easy no-brainer to follow. Computer friend goes bad. Works for me. And maybe at the end we get THE VISION. Scarlett Witch and Quicksilver will be in it and she has a connection to the Vision. I liked the Ant Man clip that has been online. Looks cool.