Friday, January 24, 2014

I Need One Of These

The Mattel toy company’s “Ladies of the ‘80s” collection’s Joan Jett Barbie. The collection also features Debbie Harry and Cyndi Lauper dolls.

Although I wholeheartedly approve of this, the first thing that came to mind was: What, no Annie Lennox or Siouxsie Sioux dolls? No Pat Benatar? No Lydia Lunch? Give ‘em time; the nostalgia machine will eventually crank ‘em all out.


 
And I want an Annie Lennox from her Eurythmic days and how can I live without a Debbie Harry Barbie now that I know she will soon exist. I am a bit disappointed now that I see the Debbie Barbie. It looks more like JEM. It's just a doll. It no Debbie. And the Cyndi Lauper needs more bangles to her outfit. The Joan Jet is good however. I would like to Stevie Nicks. I want a Stevie Nicks Barbie.
 
 


6 comments:

Erik Johnson Illustrator said...

I don't know about 80s musicians, but if they made Barbies based on 80s album artist like Patrick Nagel, I would be very tempted to buy them.

Kal said...

or a Billy Idol.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I'd buy an Annie Lennox doll. Preferably life-sized and in one of those black leather jumpsuits she used to wear.

Timothy S. Brannan said...

Stevie Nicks. I must have a Stevie Nicks!

Kal said...

Annie in her red hair and the man's suit.

Stevie with a cape of course...a cape with a hood and big hair.

Kal said...

Annie in her red hair and the man's suit.

Stevie with a cape of course...a cape with a hood and big hair.