Thursday, January 9, 2014

Last Night's Agents Of Shield


From the last five minutes of last night's Agent's Of Shield, I figured out what kind of hero the corporate slugs at Marvel would allow onto their television property. Deathlok works perfectly with the near future tech SHIELD has available to them. Cyborg super soldiers already exist in that world so creating one that works for our side also works for me.

 
Apparently I am not the only one who has thought of this idea.
 
 
 
 
 
Of course the classic Joe Jusko cover. One of my very favorite of all time. This was one of the first upscale, prestige books that I bought during the 80s. You could only get these at a comic book store. They had stiff cardboard covers, extra pages, no ads, and the art and story were beyond amazing. This series was one of the ones I was proud to collect on my own for the first time. Store it in it's proper plastic sleeve with backing board. I get a chill just thinking of how cool it is to go through my comic book collection these days knowing how much I loved it back in the day. The 80s were an exciting time to be a comic collector....until the dark times, until Image Comics.
 
But that is story for another day.
 

 
 
 

5 comments:

the Trash Man said...

I thought the same thing when they revealed that Mike Peterson was missing a leg. I really hope this is the way the program goes; it needs to start incorporating more of the 616 mythos to keep me interested.

Looking forward to the appearance of Donnie Gill [Blizzard II] in next week's episode.

Unknown said...

I haven't seen this character is a very long while and i agree he would work perfectly into the show.

Mike D. said...

Ok...but still. WTF is up with Coulson???

Kal said...

He had his body rebuilt, he is an LMD - a perfect human replica of who he used to before Loki killed him. The technology has been with Shield a long time in fact there is a LMD of Fury who is one of his greatest enemies.

GarySeven said...

I guess a cool idea in theory. Luther Manning is still the original and coolest Deathlok to me.