Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Lastest News From The Cave Of Cool

Well it looks like I screwed up in reverse again. I was living the life of a fine Southern Gentleman but now it looks like I have to squeeze nine hours of work a week into my schedule. Going to be working teaching adult students preparing to write their GED tests. I have been volunteering with a group already but one of their other teachers became ill so they asked me to step in. Guess they liked what they saw before the holidays. 4:30-7:30 Tues, Wed, and Thursdays are some sweet hours for a night owl like me.

Now that they are going to be MY little lambs, I am going to work hard to see that they ALL pass. I know that is unrealistic but it will be my goal. Happy to be going back into the classroom where I really do shine. Honest. Plus everything is laid out and planned so that the students know what they missed if they miss a class. No coaching, no staff meetings, very little marking.

And now I can search the Habitat for Humanity repurpose store for glass cases for my action figures. I have decided to upgrade so that all my loose figures can be shown off dust free.

 

7 comments:

Wings1295 said...

Congrats! Hope it works out well!

Kal said...

I know you doubt it will but I get that.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Way to go, Cal. That's good news!

Wings1295 said...

Cal, I do NOT doubt it will work out. I am just wishing you good thoughts and congratulations.

Tim Knight said...

Congratulations! This is the year of Cal :)

Kal said...

Damn well about time they got around to me. Will I get a sword and sash if it actually does become the year of Cal?

Tim Knight said...

Definitely - and probably a statue