Thursday, January 2, 2014

Lawrence Krauss: Teaching Creationism is Child Abuse



Lawrence Krauss: Teaching Creationism is Child Abuse is an example of a short big think video that expresses a certain opinion that I agree with. This opinion is brilliant expressed by Krauss and kinda shuts the door on the whole creationism in the classroom argument for me. You don't validate ignorance no matter how many people may believe something to be true. The Earth revolving around the Sun analogy is a particularly good example of his point. Expect me to post more of these every once in awhile now that I have found that these short gems can be found on the You Tubes.

9 comments:

j-swin said...

i just read that almost 30% of america still believes in creationism...and of course they are white, protestant, republicans...i weep for our future.

Ruth said...

I know so many people that believe that taking God out of everything is what is wrong with the world.

Tim Knight said...

What an amazing speech.

It still beggars belief that in the 21st Century so many people are still clinging on to fairy stories as substitutes for cold, hard facts.

bobbybegood1 said...

I think everyone should view Inherit The Wind with Spencer Tracey. Cheers!!

bobbybegood1 said...

P. S. Love your blog. Cheers!!

Kal said...

Thanks so much for saying that. I don't hear it often enough.

Hobgoblin238 said...

Wow...Bunch of liberals for gay marriage, banning guns, and pro abortions too....

Am I right?

david_b said...

I wished when I grew up that evolution was more than just a theory..

BUT IT isn't.

Ah, the arrogance of this and 'global warming' stuff...

PT Barnum was right, 'A sucker born every minute'.

Kal said...

Ladies and gentlemen I present to you the museum pieces.