Friday, January 10, 2014

New To The Collection Of Cool

I was lucky enough to be reading Brain's great blog, Cool and Collected, when he showed images of a stack of toys from the 90s that he had just come across on his toy treasure hunts. He posted photos and asked anyone interested to make him an offer on one or a lot of pieces. Seeing some toys I really wanted for the Collection of Cool, I made him an offer. I am still high on nervous energy from this great week (work wise) so I had to open up the package.
 
Everything was beautifully priced and packed. I couldn't be happier with my purchase. I hope that Brian holds another one of these sales often. He is lucky enough to live in a place where you can scour garage sales and toy shows - something much rarer in Canada. I know if I had to search down all these pieces by myself, I would not have them in the condition I do or at the price I got them for.
 
 
I will never pass on any Zorro figure and this figure comes with his horse Tornado from which Zorro can flipped off of by pressing a button on his saddle.

 
This is the second Martian Spy Girl that I have. They were once a HUGE chase figure because they were rare to find when the Mars Attacks movie was not the success that the toy company thought it would be. I love finally getting hold of an Eliza Maza with Rocket Wing Jet Pack from the great Gargoyles TV show and toy line. She was also a hard figure to find at the time. It's one of the reason I like to look for the girl figures first if they are the only female in the line.

 
Brain has several Skeletal Warriors up for grabs but I only jumped at the Skeletal Legion Warhorse. I should have looked closer at the figures. I have four of them but would like to collect every character now that I remember how cool they all look.
 
 
I can't believe I would ever see a thirty year old Secret Wars Doom figure in packages with all the accessories. He was the star of that comic book series which re-introduced Marvel superheroes to the toy market at a large scale. Many characters were produced for the first time in the Secret Wars line. Any that I still have from those times are lose. To have a complete Doom is a thrill. Brian also added a more modern Doom with thick plastic cloak and insane articulation to his legs as a bonus, knowing I would love to have him too.

 
And finally the initial issue of Cool and Collected, the newest Toy Collecting Magazine venture by Brian and his team. I really hope to contribute to a future issue, knowing all I do about toys and toy collecting.
 

9 comments:

Erik Johnson Illustrator said...

Sweet Deal!

Jeremy [Retro] said...

that is a great score of stuff!

Unknown said...

Brian is great! I scored a mint on card Oprikk from the New Adventures of He-Man line from that sell he had.

david_b said...

AWESOME MOC Doom, sir..

I started collecting the MOC Secret War series while I was deployed, but decided to instead invest in the older Silver/Bronze Marvelmania stuff..

I had a MOC Iron Man for a spell, I may have to pick 'em up again. Both SW and Famous Cover Ironman's were the BEST.

Combo said...

A mounted Skeleton Warrior? that's hella sick! Great score.

Unknown said...

Hey Kal on Ebay i spotted a loose and with out gear Oscar Goldman for around $50 plus ship. I know you want one complete but you could grab this one and see if you could get the extras later. I could find your email address so i thought i would give you a heads this way so you can check it out if you like. Just do a Ebay search and he should turn up for if it's still available. : )

Kal said...

Thanks for the tip John.

Unknown said...

No problem Kal i know you wanted a complete one but i thought this was cheap enough for you to have as a place holder until you could get one.

Kal said...

He cannot elude me forever. I check the same sites you do and a few that maybe no one should see about toy collecting so I know one is out there at my price and shipping costs. Maybe my network will pick up a scent for me one day. Sometimes the chase and getting EXACTLY what you want is the point with this guy and me. We have a long history, Oscar and I.