Thursday, January 9, 2014

Newest Update From The Cave Of Cool

I am very stressed and anxious about finding out today that I have a 15 hour a week contract with the adult education center I have been volunteering with. The term of the contract is until the end of March and I work three days a week, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. I like the environment and people I will be working with. Everyone is very supportive and the job is so much less stress than being thrown headfirst into a regular school full time.

I also will have my own group of students to prepare for their GED exam in March. So more stress and pressure. Maybe being thrown headfirst into the deep end is the way to go with a fearful little squirrel like me. Well not so little but 50 lbs lighter so I feel so much better about becoming a larger part of the real world.

I just want to help people reach their education dreams and not have to worry about any of the other extra b.s. that goes with being a teacher. After all these years adult education may be the place for me.

Ah, at least I have something to do outside the house a few days a week. That can never be bad thing, right?"
 
 

7 comments:

j-swin said...

sink or swim brother, sometimes you just have to rush in head first.

Tim Knight said...

Good luck! Look forward to hearing of your adventures at the coal face ;)

Erik Johnson Illustrator said...

I hear you brother Kal. I just landed a part time gig shoveling snow outside of the soup kitchen then got a two phone call arranging for interviews. One as a graphic designer the other as a librarian.

Where was all this work when I first got out of school ?!

Dr. Theda said...

Glad for you good Sir Kal... And Congrats on the weight loss as well

Octopunk said...

A hearty table-thumping from me, as well! Both the weight loss and the stepping out are great news.

Kal said...

I was enjoying being a bit of bum Erik but now I have to go out there and perform. It sucks but it really is a great job for me.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful - we hope you have a great time! So glad you're up in your boots again!