Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Only Figures On My Most Wanted List

I have decided in 2014 to devote more of my collected to specific items I want to re-acquire from my past. I never had an Oscar Goldman but some of these figures I will feature in the future were once prized in my CHILDHOOD Collection of Cool. That poor lost set of toys and other great stuff that once I held in my germy little hands. Of course chasing down these figures means that I will look for the best deal, including the often deal breaking shipping cost. Figure is a nice original box is expected of course.
 
 
Big Josh. Yes, that is how they dressed him in the 70s without even a hint of irony. Yes he is gay lumberjack. Yes you can push a button in his back that allows him to use his mighty axe to split a log of wood. I wrote the whole beautiful story why having a BIG JOSH in my collection is so important to me. I was just going to post a link but thought I would just repost it today.

 
Mayor McCheese. He was a hambuger who rose to lead his town of equally bizarre characters. He had to make all the tough decisions to keep McDonald Land going even under the threat of Pirates and Hamburglers and, of course, whatever Grimace was. Who do you think paid off the police to look the other way when Ronald drank too much? McCheese knows where ALL the bodies are buried and why the food never decomposes. I had this guy and a Mayor McCheese glass that I drank out of for years until it broke and broke my heart along with it.
 

3 comments:

Dr. Theda said...

The "Big Josh" ...I remember that was from the Big Jim line of action figures....
The McDonald's Figures were Cool... could never afford the $3.99 each though as a kid...

Hobgoblin238 said...

I made the same resolution!

Nathan said...

My family had a little Mayor McCheese tray, but I'm not sure what happened to it. My wife's family has a larger plate with Ronald and Captain Crook, and I remember seeing another one from the same series with Ronald accidentally spraying Mayor McCheese while watering his garden. Seems like that would be pretty dangerous when your head is a cheeseburger.