Sunday, January 12, 2014

Scariest Trail In The World

We hope you’re not afraid of heights, because this even made our palms sweat. What you see below is a mountain in China called Mt. Hua Shan. At its base, you’ll find a gigantic set of stone stairs, called “The Heavenly Stairs.” These stairs go so high up the mountainside, it’s hard to see where they end. If that wasn’t enough, the precarious stairs lead to the world’s most dangerous trail, the Hua Shan plank path. The plank trail leads high up the Hua Shan mountain just outside the city Xi’an. No one will force you to wear safety gear, although it’s strongly encouraged. The trail itself is dangerous and stunning, but what is at the top will really shock you.

 
 
 
At first the stairs don't look all that scary but then you get to the part of the path that looks like it hasn't been improved upon in hundreds of years. Of course just putting up ANY kid of path on the side of a mountain is dangerous but you would think they would add some kind of railing once they got the path all laid out the way they wanted. What about wind or weather? That will toss you off the side of the mountain before you knew what happen to you.
 

 
This is one of those 'bucket list' items for other people, not me. I prefer to watch the films or see the pictures of their journey. Then again, I don't run or climb high objects without support anymore so the risk taker part of my personality is spent I think.
 
 
A TEA HOUSE - That's what I get for risking my life? A cup of tea? That better be the best damn tea I have ever had or I am telling everyone that I meet on the way down that it's not worth the effort. Especially since they run out of maple honey donuts.
 

 
 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I went up part way where the actual rock stairs end and that was enough for me. No cup of tea was worth it to the top. The view where I was looking down the ancient city and the mountains changed and charged my soul. Recommend going anyways to watch the pasty americans gasp their way up the first few steps :-)

Kal said...

See that I can understand. A true story. I wouldn't get all the way to the top either. I am a big fan of building codes. But China would be timeless. Do you really do Kendo?