Monday, February 10, 2014

Bring On The Bad Guys: Origins Of Marvel Villains.

 
This was the third trade paperback that I remember being released by Marvel Comics. The first was called 'The Origins of Marvel Comics' and the second was of course called 'Sons of the Origin.'
 
 
This boxed set was released in 1988.
 

 
These were one of the first trade paperbacks that I saw in my public library. I thought my head would explode when I realized I could check these out. It would take years but finally graphic novels are getting the respect they deserve as a legitimate genre of literature.
 
Thanks to Hobgoblin for reminding me that 'Bring on the Bad Guys' has a different cover originally so her it is.
 
 

5 comments:

Jordan said...

I have those! (Origins and Son of Origins.)

My friend Dylan had the boxed set and I was envious. Not that it made the slightest bit of difference, but it was just so much cooler.

Kal said...

I have all three too and all mine are well worn and read. I remember getting the Phoenix Saga Trade soon afterward and that one has fallen apart from being read too many time.

Erik Johnson Illustrator said...

Not only was "Bad Guys" was the first trade paperback I saw at the library it was my introduction to comics period. The first story was Doctor Doom's first appearance in Fantastic Four #5. I was hooked.

Both "Bad Guys" and "Origins" hold a place of honor on my personal bookcase.

Hobgoblin238 said...

Why are you posting the new cover to bring on the badguys though? Use the old cover.

Kal said...

You are right. I should have.