Sunday, February 2, 2014

I Can Find ANY Movie Online Except For This One

My mother likes to take advantage of the available technology at her disposal. That of course means me looking up stuff she wants to read about or see. She has her little DVD player to watch movies and TV shows that I burn for her but we are moving up to the more convenient TABLET technology so she can have internet access from anywhere in the house and get online at night from her bed. She has gotten used to seeing most everything she hears about and since it's generally months after the movies have come out I can find her a nice version and have it ready for her to see that night. I had a 100% batting average with finding what I needed up until NOW.

I have held her off for weeks now just because I can't find a decent torrent version of this little independent film about a woman (played by the immaculate Dame Judi Dench) who searches for a child she was forced to give up as a teen. She was living in Ireland at the time of her pregnancy and the nuns of the Catholic Church took her child from her after it was born. Dench is one of my favorite actresses of all time and I know this would be would terrific. I want to see it as much as my Mother does. I would hate to wait another couple of months before it goes on the pay Satellite service. I want what I want NOW. Wasn't that the promise of this Golden Age?

Anyways, if anyone knows where I can find a good copy to download just let me know. I will be on that like a monkey on a cupcake. If you don't do it for me, do it for my poor Mother. She would love a movie about finding a lost son, so she could replace the one she already has with a better version.


Based on the 2009 investigative book by BBC correspondent Martin Sixsmith, The Lost Child of Philomena Lee, PHILOMENA focuses on the efforts of Philomena Lee (Dench), mother to a boy conceived out of wedlock - something her Irish-Catholic community didn't have the highest opinion of - and given away for adoption in the United States. In following church doctrine, she was forced to sign a contract that wouldn't allow for any sort of inquiry into the son's whereabouts. After starting a family years later in England and, for the most part, moving on with her life, Lee meets Sixsmith (Coogan), a BBC reporter with whom she decides to discover her long-lost son.



3 comments:

Erik Johnson Illustrator said...

I had already read about the real life story around the time the movie was announced so I don't feel like I need to see the film itself, (and I still haven't forgiven Steve Coogan for the remake of "Around the World in 80 Days") but it does sound ideal for mother-son movie time bonding.

Also, is it too much to ask that they put the names above the respective stars. Its just weird when they aren't.

Kal said...

Yeh, that is bad design. Could they have just changed their chair positions?

Debra She Who Seeks said...

It's a great movie -- I hope you find it soon. Judi Dench is amazing, as always.