Monday, February 3, 2014

I Understand It Was A Blowout


I shouldn't make fun because I am not a fan. I prefer to watch Curling and Olympic Hockey, along with the rest of the Winter Olympic events, so yesterday's Super Bowl was something I avoided out of sheer disinterest.

We in Canada never see the commercials anyway because our own media giants sell that time within Canada. All the commercials are boring or ones that you've seen before. Why put any time into a spot that you are paying one tenth the price to air in Canada? It's one of the rare examples of Canada acting like dickhead capitalists but these are corporations so you can understand their profit motivation during the most watched TV show of the year.

There must have been a lot of disappointed parties when the game turned out to be such a blowout. Must have felt like New Year's Eve all over again. All that buildup and then one big fizzle. And this morning you have nothing but regret for what you drank, ate and watched.

That's what ya'll get for caring.

Now to cheer you up, let's talk about those Curling CATS.


 
Kitties, is there anything they DON'T make better?
 

 

4 comments:

Tim Knight said...

I'm with you, Cal. American football does nothing for me - however I am very excited about the Winter Olympics.

Erik Johnson Illustrator said...

I was tempted to use this photo for Facebook on Sunday, but opted for a line about how The Hunger Games were easier to understand than American football on account that you only have to follow one rule, "kill your opponent".

You didn't miss anything. The game was so one-sided and the commercials only okay. The only thing anyone seemed to like was the halftime show with Bruno Mars.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Looking forward to this Olympics' Norwegian curling pants!

Kal said...

Such a bold fashion statement but I like it. Olympic Curling. Who ever would have thunk it was possible back when there was only the Air Canada Silver Broom to fight for.