Friday, February 7, 2014

This Is Why I Love Internet Shopping Or Bidding....Sometimes

 
I truly live in a golden age of consumerism. I can get a whim for something and can have it delivered to my door in under a week. The only thing that stops any of what I like to call my 'soul purchases' are ridiculously high shipping prices.
 
I first check out the auction sides for these candy products and sometimes I get lucky.
 
I was having a craving for those great old bubble gum cigars of my youth. It has to be only one brand - EL BUBBLE - the finest bubble gum cigar of them all - except for maybe Black Bart, the licorice bubble gum cigar.
 
 
I never forgot the joy of an El Bubble cigar as a kid. I remember they only cost a dime each. And I like bubble gum that I can swallow once it's lost it's flavor. This candy also used a better quality bubble gum and when it comes to bubble gum I prefer it by the chunk and not the individual piece. I had a mega sized piece of Hubba Bubba that took me a week to go through. It was heaven.

Two boxes of bubble gum cigars from AUSTRALIA only cost 14 dollars to ship BOTH of them. I couldn't be happier to my gum cigars now. Maybe me look like a big shot.

One Super Powers lunch box costs 28 dollars to ship from Atlanta Georgia. Someone please explain this to me.

2 comments:

DrGoat said...

Love those cigars. I was a big fan of candy cigarettes too. Tasted like sweet chalk. Good times. And chocolate cigarettes were the best.

david_b said...

MISS those cigars.. I was WONDERING where they all went.

As for the shipping from Georgia..? Hate those sellers.

I really do. On my auctions, if it's a comic or something, I'll provide free shipping (to continental US) just to sell stuff faster. As for Canada, I just get actual quotes from the postal office and let the buyer know.