Saturday, February 15, 2014

Why Sports Illustrated, Why?

 
I am bored already. Isn't there a better magazine for Barbie to appear on like maybe Barbie Collector? Since when does the magazine need a stunt like this to get press coverage? The annual swimsuit issue get's enough attention already with David Letterman revealing the cover in Time's Square on a huge billboard. You can't get away from it. And Barbie hasn't been relevant in 50 years so I don't see what the point here is, except to maybe annoy just me. Everyone knows I am a Monster's High man despite the fact that I do have some Superhero Barbies and my Mountie Barbie.
 
 
 

3 comments:

Erik Johnson Illustrator said...

Barbie. Never would have thought she'd make this magazine.

Still her appearance here is much more dignified than those "Marvel Swimsuit Specials" from back in the '90s.

Kal said...

Most of those Marvel Ones were horrendous.

Nathan said...

Hey, Barbie is an athlete (in addition to being about a thousand other things), so I guess it makes sense.