Monday, March 10, 2014

What Are You Obsessed With These Days?

 
The League Of Extraordinary Bloggers asked this week for us to talk about our latest obsessions. For me it has to be the hunt for this Mint-In-Box Hugo - Man of a Thousand Faces. I don't like the ventriloquism part of this toy but I can't resist the disguise aspects of this toy. I so wanted this thing back in the day but my father could never find me one. Maybe he did and felt that I spent enough time alone in my Cave as a child and that this doll wouldn't help things one bit. Hugo is part of my master plan to add more depth to an already fantastic collection of toys. There is no way I can ever replicate my childhood collection that was sadly lost but pieces like this get me closer to that goal.
 
 
 
 




 

9 comments:

Erik Johnson Illustrator said...

Reminds me of my Dad's "Changable Charlie"

The League now gives us two weeks for our posts. Good, its gonna take me that long to find a "latest obsession".

j-swin said...

I'm obsessed with blue beetle (ted kord) lately, just picked up the full run from the 80's and it makes me miss the comics of yesteryear. Yeah, the stories are a bit corny but at least there are stories not just $2.99 worth of flashy art full of violence. From now on I'm sticking to comics written before 1993.

Kal said...

Do you go back to the Charlton days with you Blue Beetle obsession who was the model for Owl Man in Watchmen if I am not mistaken.

j-swin said...

You are correct, the watchmen characters were based on the charlton comics. Haven't found a nice set of the classic series yet but the thrill is in the hunt.

Kal said...

The death of Ted Kord was one of those comics I will never forget but it also turned me off DC comics for awhile. There was also the rape murder in that same year.

j-swin said...

yeah, it got pretty dark for a bit.

DrGoat said...

Right now I seem to be obsessed with HO scale trains. I finally took down my train set......thought my wife needed the living room back.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

I have a few trains but I was more interested in the buildings to go with my little town. I have a KFC and an old timey church just to name a few.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.