Wednesday, April 2, 2014

First Trailer For LUCY

Besson directs Scarlett Johansson in Lucy, an action-thriller that tracks a woman accidentally caught in a dark deal who turns the tables on her captors and transforms into a merciless warrior evolved beyond human logic.



The concept looks great and Luc Besson is one of my favorite filmmakers. I love The Fifth Element, Leon, the Professional and the District 13 films. This one interests me and that surprises me since I usually find Scartlett Johansson to be the least enjoyable part of any movie because her acting is not great. I give one exception for The Avengers where I thought she was the heart and soul of that movie. She certainly was the bravest one and the lest protected and powerful one on the entire team.









1 comment:

Erik Johnson Illustrator said...

Besson's concepts are always interesting and he knows how to get us invested and keep things fresh and avoid repetition, which is more than I can say for a lot of other action directors.

"Lucy" reminds me a lot of "Limitless" with Bradley Cooper. Same kind of idea with "everyman gets a drug that makes him super special awesome", right down to the "use more than 10% of your brain" explanation that in unbelievably stupid (When you use 100% of your brain, its called a seizure, and it usually doesn't end well)
But the movie still looks cool.