Monday, April 7, 2014

My Choice To Replace Letterman On Late Night - Neil Patrick Harris

 
 
He's a great entertainer and you need a young guy to battle the Two Jimmys. His sitcom was on CBS so he is already a part of the family. He's a safe bet and he's gay with a nice gay family and that will be a new advertising stream that hasn't been considered until now - nor could it have been. It's time for an openly gay man to head a late night show. I find the whole genre to be a dying art but some fresh energy can bring eyes to the network's advertisers. And as we know it's all about the money.
 

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I (as a Brit) have never really seen Late Night but I am aware of it and I. Think you are on to something here. Neil Patrick Harris as got the charm and the wit for that kind of gig.

Kal said...

And he will try new things. He's a song and dance man and is high energy. Plus he only has suits to wear so what else is he going to do. Near Broadway in New York, he could do a lot of an industry he loves. It's a good fit.

Unknown said...

I like this ideal Kal maybe it will happen.

mshatch said...

I think it's a great idea! Neil Patrick Harris would be perfect for all the reasons you state.

david_b said...

"..It's time for an openly gay man to head a late night show."

Seriously..?? I was agreeing with you until you said that incredibly rude and ignorant comment.

Can we support the talent and intellectual approach without caring what his orientation is..??

Evidentally, we have sooooo far to go, my friend. You must get over this.

I.. DON'T.. CARE.. what gender he sleeps with.

I just want to be entertained.

"Sheeesh...."

Kal said...

I am just bringing up an issue that will be an issue. Have you ever watched American TV? Glad you don't care about it but other will especially the vultures on FOX.

Chase March said...

Hey Calvin,

You always have great casting ideas. I never would have thought of Neil Patrick Harris taking over the desk, but I see it now. That could be legen - wait for it - dary!