Saturday, April 5, 2014

The Man From U.N.C.L.E.

Napoleon Solo (Robert Vaughn) and Illya Kuryakin (David McCallum) team up in “The Man from U.N.C.L.E.” (United Network Command for Law and Enforcement) team up to combat THRUSH.

 
The TV series never explained what THRUSH stood for. However, in the novels it meant Technological Hierarchy for the Removal of Undesirables and the Subjugation of Humanity. It was founded by Col. Sebastian Moran after Professor Moriarty fell to his death at Reichenbach Falls.

 
Love those goofy names. Technological Hierarchy for the Removal of Undesirables and the Subjugation of Humanity is a group I want to be a part of...unless I am one of those 'undesirables' they want to 'remove'.
 
I did enjoy McCallum turn on NCIS but I haven't watched that show for years. It became derivative even for itself. But this was a great throwaway line said with that Mark Harmon smirk.
 


1 comment:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

You're right, what a great line LOL! I had such a crush on Ilya Kuryakin when I was a kid.