Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Tuesday From The Toybox With Commentary

 
I could buy these loose if they were mostly complete. Marx always made characters with the best accessories. You got a dozen or more parts to play with and even horses with all their saddle and tack. I have a couple of these in my collection and they will look great in my display case.


 
 
 
I will have an announcement very soon about this Lone Ranger Line from the 1970s from Gabriel.


 
When we speak of new Holy Grail figures, we speak of these guys. Anything Big Jim or Six Million Dollar Man related would be sweet. I had all of those figures as a kid but now they rest on the bottom of the ocean.
 
 
I am sorry for loving my own collection so much.
I always have to post my own pictures with these other collections.

 
 

 


 
 
I have the entire Earthworm Jim collection of toys in package. Those were the days when you could get a lot like this for cheap with cheap shipping on EBay. Then EBay became all hip and the shipping rates got stupid. But up until that time it was a fun way to engage in my hobby.




 



 
The only two of my original figures to survive the Great Disaster. I was carrying them with me at the time so they were spared from the fate that all my childhood stuff met when the crate they were in sank in the North Atlantic.

 
 
 


 
 
I am in love with these Outer Space Men. I can't resist anything with a bubble helmet, especially a colored bubble helmet. This reproduction line is the next for me to invest in. You can see how gorgeous they are by looking at Colin's great photos. Originals from Colorform are very pricey even in their loose condition. I know them to see them but we don't have those kind of flea markets up here in Canada. To find something like that on a table of somebody's crap is something I have never seen happen.

 
 
 
 
I am glad I invested in the great toys that came out with the first Lord of the Rings movie. The detail and design work is spectacular. I especially like those collected figures because my Dad search long and hard for those so I had the complete Fellowship in one box.


 
I actually bought the Mary Jane doll before the Spider-Man.

  
 
I don't have the package anymore but my 12 inch Hulk still lives. I got him as a birthday present in University. My roomie found him for five dollars at the Army and Navy store. I just about peed my pants.
 
 
 
This Batman statue stands about 13 inches and I got him for less than $30 including shipping. He will look great on display and his condition looks to be excellent. This is the Batman I think of when I imagine his costume. Again, another large display piece.
 

6 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Toybox with Comments...I love it Kal.

Am always keeping my eyes out for Big Jim stuff at the flea markets in the summer months but they just don't turn up.

Super-Duper ToyBox said...

Would LOVE to find one of those 12" Mego Hulks again- LOVE!

Mike said...

I had the Johnny West Pinto horse and I had that Hulk. I would love to score one of those Hulks but they tend to be pricey on Ebay. I love the Batman animated collection. That's beautiful.

DrGoat said...

I can personally attest that Marx and Remco made the coolest toys back in the 50s-60s. Ideal made some cool stuff too.

Kal said...

I have just bought a coffee table book about Ideal and their toy history. Great photos and great toys.