Monday, July 7, 2014

A Box Of Cool For Miss M

 






 
This is Michael Lynn. I love that first name for girl and if we can be honest, she has the greatest cheekbones I have seen on a woman on a long time. She should be a supermodel. But aside from that, she is also gorgeous on the inside. She has always been open and kind and honest with me and treats me like a real person. Not some troll. She has also promised bangs for this summer and I am hoping for that like a monkey on a rock hopes for a cupcake.
 
I won't lie. I hoped to impress Miss M. I want her to remember my package above all the other packages she exchanges with all of us who know and work with her. I am jealous of how well she is doing her podcasts and would love to do one just with her. I think we have that kind of chemistry and shared history, especially about pop culture from the 80s and 90s.
 
I like nothing better than preparing a package to send to a friend. I was the kind of kid that would write these great letters with my calligraphy pen and include picture and all kinds of interesting items for everyone I wrote to. I treated them special cause for some reason these people in the far corners of the planet found me worthy of their time and attention.

For example, I would love to send a 100 year old German clock to see if my buddy can fix it...then add it to his collection. I hope it's worthy of his hobby and I am currently looking for a safe and reliable way to get it to him in New Zealand. I want Nicholas Finlay Thurston Ward to have it for all the support he has always given the CAVE OF COOL.

I just send a package to the beautiful MISS M. She has been very kind to me over Facebook and treated me like a 'guy' and a 'friend' instead of some loser. We share a lot in common and I like to think we are close because we shared very personal things about each other over several over night conversations. I have quite the case of insomnia so I am always around to talk to late into the night.

 
I wanted to honor her trust in me by sending her some really great figures that were just sitting as doubles in my collection. So don't praise me for my care package. Praise the girl who inspired it in the first place. I must be starved for kindness because her recent post about me really touched my heart and give me a little hope at a time when I am kind short of that these days.
 
So please go read MISS M's recent post and tell how her great I am.
 
 

2 comments:

Erik Johnson Illustrator said...

Agreed Kal, Miss M is as pretty as plum pudding pie and is twice as sweet.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Clearly she is a young woman of worth and merit! And, as you noted, those fab cheekbones!