Thursday, July 3, 2014

I Hate These Flowers

They are so big that the blossoms weigh down the stems and the flowers droop to the ground. It makes no sense biologically since these are the flowers that the bees love to be around and bees can fly. They are very fragile so if you cut them and take them into the house, the petals start falling off after only a day or so. No matter how much I try to pull them out by their roots every fall, they make their way back into my flower bed every damn year.

 

2 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

You need to stick one of those round wire support cages in the ground over them when they're coming up in the spring so that the peonies will have some support when they're in bloom. I'm sure there's a technical name for them but I'm not enough of a gardener to know what it is.

Kal said...

I did that with some of them and I don't want to do it now but I will have to do it I know. I just hate them for making me do it. Be a flower. Grow free. But now I got to cage you because you are stupid, as flowers go?