Wednesday, July 9, 2014

My God, He's Beautiful


This is a ComiCon exclusive so I will never have on in my POP collection but goddamn he's a beauty. ROM, SPACEKNIGHT is one of the great unrealized properties Marvel needs to exploit with an animated movie. I would also LOVE to see him show up at the end of Avengers 3. He would shine like a new fridge. He would also have that cool robot voice but the best thing will be that he won't TRANSFORM. I have seen enough sucky transforming robots for one lifetime, thank you very much Michael Bay.



I wish someone could remake the old action figure. The molds are out there somewhere even though Parker Brothers no longer exists. How do you go out of business making MONOPOLY games?? Everyone has a MONOPOLY game. It's a staple in capitalist countries.
 
 
Who knew he was part of the Action Man line?
That means there are more ROMs out there.
 


 
And for those of you still ignorant about the greatness that is ROM - check out the only commercial made for the toy. Then go and read the comic books. Reading ROM is like taking a tour through the 80s Marvel Universe. He interacted with virtually every hero that was popular at the time. His own story arc was also an epic story of a man trying to regain his lost humanity while fighting an evil that decimated his planet and made him into a Space Knight in the first place.


http://www.mtv.com/news/1862227/rom-the-space-knight-hasbro-sdcc-exclusive/

3 comments:

the Trash Man said...

Saw this last night and totally freaked out. I love the Rom, Space Knight series so goddamn much. I'm hoping now that Hasbro has the license to produce a toy, that it'll mean partnering up with Marvel for either a new comic or a feature film. He'd be a perfect addition to their current cosmic line-up.

Kal said...

It's such a no brainer. Great character.

Hobgoblin238 said...

Yeah I hate Transformer toys too. I would like ROM in the MU lineup.