Tuesday, September 2, 2014

More Meme About Me

Mythology Asks

 
Anubis:How do you feel about death?
Death is sweet release - something that the gods would never gift to me. They have so much more left to punish me for - the greatest of my sins being my refusal to believe in their balloon juice. I bow to no false prophets or their bag men.

Atum:What are your greatest imperfections?
They are too numerous to mention on only a few lines. I am remarkably difficult to be around for any length of time. I live in my own world and don't need the company of others to be entertained. In fact I find the whole group scene to be tedious. I am best at entertaining myself so in that way I am very selfish. I also feel bad for anyone who has to tolerate my company for any length of time.

Bastet:Do you have any cats?
Bite your tongue. How else do you think I keep the house Mummy free?

Hathor:What brings you joy?
The magic in ordinary thing. When something surprises me in a good way and reaffirms that tiny little bit of faith that I still have in humanity.

Horus:What is one thing you've had to fight for in your life?
People who thought I didn't know what I was talking about. For example - I know how to reach kids and motivate them to be better students. I know how to light the fire of knowledge under their lazy, snarky butts and I can do it in such a way as to fool them into thinking it was all their idea in the first place. But that doesn't really answer the question so let me just say, like everyone else, I have had to fight for my right to party.

Osiris:Do you believe in the underworld?
No because if I believe in one of those B.S. myths I have to believe them all. I like what Dante thought of hell. He saw hell as a frozen lake where all emotion died. That is hell. Life alone on this planet is hell.

Ra:Do you have any major responsibilities or importance?
Thanks for reminding me that I don't. I would be perfect to recruit and train for some secret missions off planet. No one would pay me a second notice and I am smart enough to remember the mission specs down to the last detail. I also say only nice things about the devices Q Branch comes up with so they continue to make me neat gadgets.

Thoth:Do you like to read/write?
I write all the time and read as I am doing that. My greatest fear is going blind and losing my ability o do both. All I will be able to do is listen and listening is overrated.


Arawn:What is the most terrifying thing you've ever done?
I jumped aboard a moving train once with a vague plan of what to do once that train got to Winnipeg 3 hours later. Great scenery though and it all turned out good in the end.

Bran:How is your health?
Mentally, I could snap in the salad dressing aisle of Sobey's at anytime. TOO DAMN MUCH SELECTION. I am still losing weight a little at a time and I like my diet very much. I am proud of those changes. But I am riddled with all kinds of anxiety from getting shot in the face that seem to like to popped up when I least expect them. Flop sweat does not a good substitute teacher make. I am working with a special consultant to help me think outside the box if I want to go back to work. I think I need a part time job just to keep me from becoming even more agoraphobic.

Brighid:Tell us about your relationship with your father.
The greatest man I ever knew was my Father. Believed in me and supported all the things I loved. I could only dream of being that fantastic.

Cernunnos:What is your favorite animal?
The domesticated house cat, long may they protect us.

Danu:What is your relationship with your mother?
My Mother is generous, smart and strong willed. I only live with her because I don't want to live alone and miss out on being around her at this time in her life. I make no apologies for that. I need the company and she is good company. I enjoy the shows we watch together and the ones I mock without mercy.

Morrigan:What do you think happens when we die?
Nothing, you are returned to the Cosmos as the dust from whence you came.

Olwen:What is your favorite flower?
I got a soft spot for the Tulip.

Rhiannon:Have you ever been betrayed?
By my enemies and family, all the time. I don't have any friends so I can't answer for that situation.

Bragi:What kind of music do you listen to?
Anything that has a good beat and you can dance too it. There can also never be enough cowbell.

 
Freya:Have you ever been in love?
I fall in love everyday. But no one has ever loved me enough to want me around for very long.
 
Freyr:Do you have any children?
No, the madness stops with me.

Hœnir:Are you a silent or talkative person?
I can be either. And just because I am silent doesn't mean  I am not having a dozen conversations in my head at the same time as I am listening to you blather on about nothing.

Iounn:How old are you?
49

Loki:What is the best trick you've ever pulled on someone?
The one I pull on myself everyday thinking that someday all this will be better. All the hard work will pay off and I will get not what I deserve but what I need. I have waiting quite long enough for that.

Odin:What is your family like?
Great people who deserve better than what I became.

Thor:Would you consider yourself pretty powerful?
Physically, yes. I know how to toss someone around if the situation calls for it. I can defend myself but I find it much more fun to talk my way out of predicaments. Make a friend instead of having to punch an enemy.

Tree:What have you done with your life? What are you going to do with it?
Wallow in the self pity of all my non-accomplishments. I love my ennui so much you would think I was a Frenchman. I worked so hard form my suffering. Why would I ever give that up?


Aphrodite:What do you think of yourself?
I think I do pretty well for being alone on a deserted island. If the bananas don't run out I can stay here forever.

Ares:Are you an easy person to anger?
Not anger - more frustrate. I am an easy person to frustrate and I have only gotten more difficult as I got older. I would have behaved badly as a pop star if I was one.

Athena:Would you consider yourself an artist?
Of course. I create. This blog is a creation. If Dali can call himself an artist then so can I.

Apollo:Do you play any instruments?
No, great regret in my life. I would like to play that fife like instrument Picard played in Star Trek Next Generation or, of course, the violin.

Dionysus:Do you drink?
Only Vodka, the distillations of the potato don't give me hangovers. I do like a nice glass of wine too.

Hades:Do you have a bad reputation?
I wouldn't know. People don't care enough to tell me if that is so.

Hekate:Have you ever tried to communicate with the dead?
No, because I can't talk to someone whose brain no longer functions. As much as I would love there to be phantoms and spectres, they do not exist. Besides, have you ever read or heard about one time that a human met a nice spirit. That is because it doesn't happen. The ghosts all got anger issues and they look to take it out on you and your dishes and any little blonde girls who are watching television at the time.

Hermes:Have you ever stolen anything?
Only the heart of a princess. But I have said too much already.

Poseidon:Are you a moody person?
Is Bismark a herring? (I have no idea what that means)

Zeus:Are you a confident person?
In the length and breadth of my own genius, of course. That anyone will ever recognize that, of course not.

Jupiter:Would people say that you are intimidating or fairly approachable?
I have seen bikers cross the road when they see me coming along with white teenagers, the elderly, circus folk and one mime. He was lucky he did that because I was spoiling for a fight that day.

Pluto:Where do you think we go when we die?
Back to the warm embrace of the Universe.

Apollo and Dianna:Do you prefer to be up during the day or at night?
I tend to like to prowl the house at night. I never sleep very well so I need to find something to do instead of just wasting my time lying there.

Mars:Have you ever gotten into a fight?
I sucker punched a kid who was removing his glasses and they dragged ME away. In Spartan society I would have gotten a extra slab of bread for supper.

Minerva:Do you generally give good advice?
Of course. But sadly, few people take it.

Proserpine:Have you ever felt trapped?
'Despite all my rage I am still just a rat in a cage'

Plutus:Do you have a job?
I don't need one so I am looking for something interesting to do that will give my brain someplace other than the world inside my head to experience.

Venus:Have you ever had your heart broken?
No one goes crazy without having their spirit crushed first. I know well the broken heart. It's good to know that the thick crust of protection that has surrounded my heart means since I will never suffer like that again.

Vesta:Do you like being home or do you try to get out whenever you can?
I have everything I need right here until it runs out. Then I go out and get everything on the list. Then things return to normal. I would rather be at home. As Doctor Colossus said when he was banned from Doom Mountain by Chief Wiggum - "But that's where all my stuff is!

Morpheus:Do you daydream often? Of what?
Only that my hell will end one day but not one day soon enough for me.
 

3 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

As usual, I laughed like a hyena all the way through this. May the gods and goddesses bless you.

Kal said...

If you have any suggestions on images for this post fire away. I thought I divided my pantheons correctly but one is never sure about these things. Lots of crossover with Rome and Greece.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

The images you chose are great and your groupings are well done too. The world of mythology is an incestuous place in many ways, sometimes literally.