Thursday, September 4, 2014

Why Do I Still Watch 'Taxi Brooklyn'?

This show is such a mixed up collection of everything you expect the standard cop/buddy drama to be. This one is that same type of show but doesn't know if it wants to be a comedy or a drama. It wants to be Castle most of all but doesn't have the romantic chemistry between the leads. Plus making one the black, foreign Taxi driver and the other a white female cop, an interracial kiss may be all that we will ever get here on ABC.

The show is funny when it shouldn't be and exists in a kind of netherworld where this cast of characters would never work together. The Taxi Driver would not be helping homicide division solve crimes. The paperwork to get him into the building alone would take months to complete. Not to mention background checks and NSA interviews. Nothing even remotely like that happens here so soon this foreign national is in your police station with access to everything.

The lone, tough, female cop without a partner (because she's difficult)  should have a rookie driver since she keeps wrecking police vehicles. She is just cute enough to not be annoying. But remember, KAT, that line is still razor thin.

There also needs to be less Laurel and Hardy moments between the Chief and his staff of Detectives. This is serious stuff here people.

I would even go into the fact that the Chief is dating Kat's mother. EWWW. Even her nickname is cliché. A tough girl named Kat and only her mother calls her Katherine.

I need help. Cancel this show so that I can finally look away. I can do better but I am helpless against what I think I could be missing. It's sick, I know.

 
 

4 comments:

Moncynnes said...

Don't know if anyone's shared this or not: Patrick Warburton and Seth Green do a dramatic reading of "Taxi Brooklyn"

http://youtu.be/3DI1wc4Qgxs

Kal said...

OMG. Do I want to see it. Will it spoiled what is already spoiled.

Kal said...

OMG. Do I want to see it. Will it spoiled what is already spoiled.

Moncynnes said...

Hardly. ;)