Tuesday, December 9, 2014

THE BEST OF 2014 - The Year In Review - February/March 2014



 

 

 
 

 



 



 

 

 



 
 
 




This is the final nail in the coffin that was the Cold War. It was only the best war EVER, because no one fired a shot.

I know I posted this earlier in the week but it's too great not to repeat. When the biggest thing at the opening ceremonies is a men's choir singing what could pass for a gay anthem just seems the height of irony to me. I love the way the Universe turns sometimes. And what the hell is the guy in the front doing? He is not conducting anything. His arm movements don't match up with the music. He's like that fake interpreter at Nelson Mandela's funeral.

So for a Russian opening ceremony they took a pop song created by two Frenchmen and sang it in English, the language of the devil? Just want to make sure I got all the cultural references right.

On a side note, how much of that sweet Olympic action do you think these guys are getting? If it was me I would be at the curling ring until the event ended....in my uniform so the athletes couldn't miss me. Some Russian bastards have all the luck.




 

 
 


 




 






 
 

5 comments:

Dr. Theda said...

Every time we try to access your Blog all we get is an ad that tries to "over-ride" everything else....

Dr. Theda said...

Trying to utilize something called "Conto Box".... ?????
What happened.... it will Not allow me to view your Blog.....!!!

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

what the hell???

Dr. Theda said...

You fixed What-ever it was.... Cool...!!!
A well worn copy of one of my favorite books.... One that we have read over many times....

DrGoat said...

Love that Moai garden in a bottle.