Thursday, December 25, 2014

This Bothers Me

I rarely care about casting news for new movies. I figure I will see the finished project and decide for myself. Lately I have been reading a lot of the SUICIDE SQUADE movie that is due next year. Will Smith is Deadshot and Jerod Leto takes on the most difficult character in movies, The Joker. I believe in Leto having been a fan over the years. His role in Dallas Buyer's Club showed me he was the real deal. He could knock this Joker out of the park and maybe avoid the curse the follows.

But the character that is bugging me the most is that of Amanda Waller. If you know the comics you know who she is. She is the Alpha Bitch with the full force and weight of the American Government behind her. She knows where all the bodies are buried because she, herself, put them there. With the rise of the metahumans she discovered a way to use these b-list villains as assets. They would work for the government under pain of death. Do your job, you live. Fuck up, and Waller pushes the button without remorse and your head explodes.

CCH Pounder did such a great job as the voice of Waller in the Batman and Justice League cartoons so I want her known as my first choice.

I know Viola Davis got the role in the movie but THIS is my dream casting idea, Oprah as Waller. She could kick the ass right out of the park, then have it retrieved just so she could kick it again. No way this will happen but I can always hope. I thought with Robert Redford doing Captain America 2 that the Queen of Daytime would branch out and really give us what we want. She's a terrific actress and could play Waller's cold bloodedness to a T.

 
Girl certainly has Batman's number.
Their interplay is delicious.
 


Clip from the Suicide Squad  the animated feature. Amanda is HARDCORE!



I am so glad she got the closure she needed in Batman Beyond.
  




5 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Leaving aside the merits of Oprah, Viola Davis will be outstanding in that role.

Dr. Theda said...

Leto is to play the "Joker"...???
this is the first that we have heard of the Joker being on the Big Screen again... all because Heath Ledger killed himself... No one wanted to have the Joker in their films.. ( It might "disgrace" Ledger's "Legacy"...)
I am dying and would really like to see the Joker in another film before we die...

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

You will get your chance. He is part of the cast. Look up Suicide Squad. I think of all the modern actors he could do a great job. We all doubted Ledger and we need us a Joker on the Suicide Squad Movie. He's the ultimate loose cannon and he will deactivate his implant before he is out the door.

csmith2884 said...

Cool clips, I just spent two hours watching Batman youtube clips.

Thanks

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

There is so much good to see there.