Friday, January 9, 2015

Big Hero Six (2014)

This film is a fantastic, imaginative bit of business that reminds me of how I felt when I first saw the Iron Giant. Fun and fresh with lots of lots of heart to spare. This is what the best animated films try to accomplish.



With all the heart and humor audiences expect from Walt Disney Animation Studios, "Big Hero 6" is an action-packed comedy-adventure about robotics prodigy Hiro Hamada, who learns to harness his genius-thanks to his brilliant brother Tadashi and their like-minded friends: adrenaline junkie Go Go Tamago, neatnik Wasabi, chemistry whiz Honey Lemon and fanboy Fred. When a devastating turn of events catapults them into the midst of a dangerous plot unfolding in the streets of San Fransokyo, Hiro turns to his closest companion-a robot named Baymax-and transforms the group into a band of high-tech heroes determined to solve the mystery.

 
I was thinking today about how great a weekly animated series this would make. I wanted to learn more about each and every character. The movie only had a short period of time to spend with everyone. The toy potential is also through the roof. Who wouldn't want a Honey Lemon figure??

 
Speaking of Honey Lemon, I officially cast Taylor Swift to play her in the live action film
 

 

6 comments:

Erik Johnson Illustrator said...

Back off Kal! I saw her first!

Just the way she rolls her "R"s. Give me shivers just thinking about it!

spider-kev said...

Great film,beautiful animation. And some nifty tech.Here's hoping there's at least a sequel.

Timothy S. Brannan said...

We loved this movie!
Taylor Swift is perfect as Honey Lemon.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

I don't just cast these movies out my ass, you know. LOL.

Timothy S. Brannan said...

I would like to think that Ellen Page would be perfect for GoGo. But at the same time, someone Korean would fit her look more.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

Yeh, you really have to go new wave and Asian.