Tuesday, January 20, 2015

From My Own Collection Of Cool For Tuesdays From The Toybox

 
Nothing cooler than opening two cabinets and finding these beautiful loose figures. I can't wait to get them into their own class case. Everything is complete and reminds me of those first heady days of building my second collection.

 
 
These were gifts from my Father. He always went for the best collections and searched high and low for the sets he wanted me to have in my collection.









I love these model kits. I have to get some glue and paint and put them together. I need a project anyways and these are great reminders of the summers I spent exiled in Pinawa Manitoba. I found these models and their local drug store and they filled many a lonely afternoon those summers.










 


 

11 comments:

Wings1295 said...

Good golly!

Dr. Theda said...

We have the "Mantis" model kit...was given to me a while back by a Friend .... ( he was a "Collector" , with a Huge collection.....!!)
...He was the Only collector of Toys that we knew... (even sold him most of my old Star Wars toys , "very cheaply"...That way we could still go and look at them...)
Sadly , he committed suicide a few years back....

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

That is a horrible story. You would think all the toys would make him happy.

Dr. Theda said...

They did ... He had the entire (large)Garage filled with shelves... took me 4 weeks to catalog it all ...
His Son kept getting into "trouble" and he could no longer take it...
He is sadly missed...

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

Sorry to hear that. No one get's out alive, do they? There is no escape from death and the hell we carry around with ourselves daily.

Dr. Theda said...

to make matters worse... My "Case Worker" ( who had gotten me the "Santa Joker" for Christmas) committed suicide a couple of months earlier...
They were the only "older" people" with whom I associated... (All my Friends we have known since they were kids... ( My Friends are mostly in their 20's to early 39's these days)...
More than a few of them got to know me because their parents had told them to never have anything to do with Stacey .... and what a "bad person" I am... so, they wanted to get to know Stacey even more...
So their Parents gave them the idea to "hang out " with Stacey in the first place

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I like your LOTR ones. We finally went to the 3rd Hobbit movie this weekend. Now I want a moose to ride too.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

Who doesn't want to tame one of those magnificent bastards. But who could tame one?

Barbecue17 said...

Your collection is awesome. Quite awe inspiring!

Dr. Theda said...

Sorry for the sad info...
regardless of Life's "miseries" remember to "Smile"...

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

No problem Dr Theda. The Cave is a place for free expression. It's hard enough to be a human as it is.