Thursday, January 15, 2015

I Say This With Peace And Love

For the second year in a row, my most Mormon of Brothers, Mike T, has send me a Christmas package. It was a great surprise as it was last year. Thanks to the efficiency of the North American postal system (don't get me started), I got the package yesterday.

Now I make fun of Mike a lot on Facebook. I make fun of his goofy ultraconservative beliefs but he still is my friend. Whatever I seem to do I can't get rid of him. I think that has mostly to do with his character as a person and his Mormon faith. Why else would he communicate daily with a guy like me who finds his beliefs goofy. Unless of course he plans to baptize me into the faith after my death so I can be his man servant on the planet Kolob, which is where a good Mormon goes after he dies.

What I am really saying is that Mike is a great guy. A real friend that I can say anything to, be honest with, and not fear his retribution. He's a great counterpoint and sounding board. And he's a decent human being who has had nothing but compassion for me. Hence the contents of his gift package.

 
First of a I am amazed at the generosity and creativity of this package. That GI JOE space gear just hits me where I live. I never open the packages anymore but I think that my new JOE will soon be called into space on a mission for Teddy Roosevelt and the Cave of Cool. I am keeping all my GI JOE Gear in my Super Powers lunchbox. You don't know how happy it makes me to have classic JOE stuff to put in the coolest lunchbox I have. It feels like being a kid again. You will never know what a gift that is to me.
 
Look at that Bubble Helmet. I LOVE bubble helmets.
 

 
The Wish For Wings That Work is my favorite Christmas cartoon. It has Opus and Bill in it after all. It's one they almost never show at Christmas but it's a truly heartfelt tale of the season. Bill the cat is the best and so is the character of Santa they use. They have him talk in rhyme which immediately turns him into a magical character. This is the spirit of the season I was missing this year. This gift and the one I got on Christmas day changed all that.
 
 


 

 
I also like the DC sticker book. Another one of those things that I want to play with right away. I don't want to ruin the set by doing that. Damn my collecting instincts. I think if I stare at it enough I will start taking off one sticker and the seal will be broken. I so want to put them on my computer tower. Then I can see the endless struggle go on daily.

 
This thing looks evil and would kill a toddler if swallowed. I do like the way these things work their way down a wall, however. I can only imagine a thousand of them attacking the neighborhood all at the same time. That thought chills me to the bone.

 
I don't have a lot of Hot Wheels in my Collection of Cool but all the ones I have are gifted to me. That makes each one special. I am glad I don't have track and loops and that little garage that sped up the cars. If I did I would have ripped this car open and had him racing by now.
 
Thanks again to Brother Mike. I appreciate the thought as much as the contents. This was a gift from someone who took the time to get to know what I would like. A gift like that is rare in this life.
 

7 comments:

Mike said...

It is my honor and privilege to add to the cave of cool. I hate that I found a couple of items I had intended to send laying around after the fact. I guess they are for next year.

And you dont have to wait till after you are dead to get baptized. I can come up and baptize you whenever you are ready. The sooner the better actually, because I did a search and found out that there is a church in your town that meets together that only single people attend. That's right, just like Bohanan there is a Mormon bride waiting for you!

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

stop trying to temp me. I would just go for it if she was cute enough..and have several sisters.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

You know, that's precisely the problem I have with Mormons. They're too damn nice. I like every Mormon I've met. I know the LDS Church is the biggest single funder of the anti-marriage equality campaign in the USA, but I just can't seem to hold it against them.

Mike said...

Debra I am happy two send you two handsome representatives to explain the faith to you any time you like

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Thanks, Mike, but no man (handsome or otherwise) can convert me to anything. However, if you've got an extra couple of curvy sister wives kicking around, you can send them over to my place!

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

He's trying to pimp out his girls to me too.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

And dammit, if she was cute enough I would totally go for it.