Friday, January 16, 2015

Justice League - Throne of Atlantis


 
Damn I hate to have to fight in the ocean. So many submarines to be ripped and torn and that leave me dead and drowned at the bottom of the ocean. Can't Atlantis fight us on land? I would like to smash one of those salt water filled helmets the Atlantians use to fight on land.


I really like how they worked each hero into the team with already established relationships. Green Lantern is still annoyed with Batman and Superman and Wonder Woman are dating. Who else could she date without breaking except for the Man of Steel? Who else is her equal?

It's always nice to see Black Manta as the bad guy. He always seems so cool blooded and the true match for Aquaman. He also has brought more grief to Aquaman and Mera than any other villain. I have to admire his focus.

Once again DC does shy away from the violence. Many soldier die after pieced with arrows made from water. Again this is not a cartoon for the little ones. I like there can be something like this for adults out there that is not from Japan.

I like how the rest of the Justice League allowed Aquaman and his family drama to take center stage. When we did see the League in action you really get a sense as to how powerful each and every one of them are. Batman is extra smart and its great hearing Nathan Fillion as Green Lantern.

This film is a perfect companion to Justice League - War. What you also have here is the template for any live action movie. I have hope that the live action films from DC will be the equal of their animated division. I can't remember I was last disappointed by their output.



3 comments:

Wings1295 said...

I am quite excited to see this!

Erik Johnson Illustrator said...

Its cool that these animated features are actually developing sequels so that we can build on the actions and characters, but I could do without the Justice League acting like jerks. They softened up since "War" and maybe by the next one they'll graduate to "likable".

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

Batman is the one having the most fun. I do like Nathan Fillion. He got Hal Jordan right. He IS a jerk. And thy toned down the jerkiness of Flash. Superman I am still not sold on. They seem to be looking for ways to depower him...magic tridents do the trick in this one. But I loved how Black Mantis got his because he TALKED TO MUCH. Brilliant.