Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Can You Do A Loop In A Helicopter??



Airwolf was one of those shows that came out at the same time as the A-Team and followed much the same goofy format of finding someway for the characters to save the day while remaining true to their story concept. For example, all 4 of the A-Team are needed for a 'plan to come together' and you can't do Airwolf unless you find someway to involve the helicopter in a third of the story. Did it have a voice like K.I.T.T. of Knight Rider fame? I can't remember. Jan Michael Vincent. Whatever happened to that guy?

http://www.retroist.com/



Speaking of Knight Rider, here is the original into to the show. I watched it religiously back in the day. David Hasselhoff's hair alone is worth the price of admission. I think I like it best when K.I.T.T. fought against an evil super big rig vehicle that was just as indestructible as K.I.T.T. was.

3 comments:

Bob/Sally said...

We had a thing for super vehicles in the 80s, didn't we? Airwolf, Blue Thunder, Knight Rider, Street Hawk, Automan, and I'm sure I'm forgetting several more.

I'm with you on Knight Rider. I loved the K.I.T.T. vs Goliath and K.I.T.T. vs. K.A.R.R. episodes of Knight Rider.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

Anytime you give a CAR a nemesis you can't do wrong. That is giving the high concept a full retard execution.

Dr. Theda said...

In Air Wolf ... Ernest Borgnine was the "voice" ... either on board or the radio...
we enjoyed the show when we were young...
And Jan Vincent got his acting start on your favorite TV show ... "The Banana Splits"... (the "Danger Island" bits)....