Sunday, February 8, 2015

Captain Scarlet

 




 
One of the great things about living in he far North was the Satellite TV. We got channels from all over the world but I especially liked the BBC Canada shows. We got all the classics from my youth - The Two Ronnies, The Prisoner, Space 1999, Torchwood, Doctor Who, Little Britain, Thunderbirds and Captain Scarlet. All of those Gerry Anderson shows were terrific but Captain Scarlett was my favorite. I loved the whole groovy 60s feel of the whole production. They showed it late on Saturday nights it was a perfect way to spend an hour. All the little details that went into the production were beyond impressive, especially for the time.
 


This fabulous collection of artwork was used for the end-titles sequence of the Gerry Anderson hit show ‘Captain Scarlet’, which first aired in Britain in September 1967.The paintings were created by the celebrated artist Ron Embleton and depicted Captain Scarlet in all sorts of dire/deadly situations, which of course he always survived, because he was INDESTRUCTIBLE!









 
The only figure I have is this evil Captain Black complete with five o/clock shadow.
 
 

4 comments:

Jordan said...

I've never heard of this guy, but, judging by those pictures, he sure gets himself into a lot of trouble.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I must confess that I've never seen or even heard of Captain Scarlet.

DrGoat said...

Me neither. He does get himself in a pickle though.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

Quite a pickle...and many shenanigans.