Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Just A Custom Pair - Not Really For Sale

You know, China and Mexico can make knock-offs of most every product in the world but they can't make the rest of the world a bunch of bootleg Calvin and Hobbes products. You don't know how cool a little statue of the two of them walking across a log bridge or sledding down a hill would be for me. Hell, any line of toys would be huge. The snowman accessory collection (that let you build your own twisted collection of snowmen) would be a big seller as would T-Rex in a fighter jet two pack.

 
BUT NO. We have to be denied because someone didn't want to license the shit out of his creation. I get artistic integrity and all that but if you hate money so much, give the profits away. Characters like Calvin and Hobbes deserve to live on forever. Hell, I would even watch a cartoon movie if someone at Disney had ANY vision. I know the comic strip is timeless but when I see a SpongeBob movie made so much money I am sad for kids today who don't know the simple genius that is Calvin and Hobbes.

8 comments:

Tim Knight said...

Oh my God! Words cannot express how much I want... no, NEED faux Pops!

The "bridge" vignette would be the best selling statue of all time and a fixture in the home of anyone with a soul.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

You could do it as a pvc piece or something nicer. I would love to have a winter scene for Christmas decorations.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Gawd, people of integrity are such nuisances.

Chase March said...

Agreed! Well said. Can't say anything more . . . and yet here I am saying it.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

But said in the service of saying what I said was well said...so thank you for saying that.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

Oh and Debra, I say BAH to your integrity. Cash on the barrel head. I can't live a life of obscene luxury with integrity.

Nathan said...

I'm just glad to see a knock-off Calvin who isn't peeing on something.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

Now that annoys me. You can have THAT sticker on every truck I see but I can't have a stuffed Hobbes to talk to?