Friday, February 13, 2015

More Toys From DC Collectibles






 
I have heard that many of these came apart after the packages were opened (HERESY!) in the first line so I hope that this secondary batch have better construction. The prices seem a little high just for the few extra accessories you get. Hands are among my least favorite additions. Why do I need 8 ways for my character to wave or hold his tea cup?? It's goofy and seems redundant. If you want accessories make them substantial and more character specific or don't bother in the first place and cut the price per figure by ten dollars. The Batmobile looks great though I will not get it because the price doesn't seem justified. That is a lot for an action figure vehicle that is not remote controlled despite the fact that it does light up and makes noise. My deluxe Tumbler from the Batman movie does all that and it was a third of the price.
 

1 comment:

nolan said...

Oh boy, that Phantasm figure brings back memories. Loved "Mask of the Phantasm" as a kid. Didn't hurt that Andrea Beaumont was a redhead either.

Will never forget that great song at the end (sung by Tia Carrere of all people):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJJxbQVnVe8
Perfect V-Day tune!
Have a good one, everybody...